PhD Computer Science, University of Western Ontario, 1995
- 6,626,834 Spiral scanner with electronic control (2003)
- 6,461,298 Three-dimensional imaging system (2002)
- 6,378,376 Ultrasound transducer mounting assembly (2002)
- 6,334,847 Enhanced image processing for a three-dimensional imaging system (2002)
- 6,198,956 High speed sector scanning apparatus having digital electronic control (2001)
- 5,964,707 Three-dimensional imaging system (1999)
- 5,842,473 Three-dimensional imaging system (1998)
- 5,454,371 Method and system for constructing and displaying three-dimensional images (1995)
- Principal developer of four ophthalmic ultrasound products
- Principal designer and developer of OTI-scan 1000, a 3D-capable A/B-scan ophthalmic ultrasound system
- Major contributor to OCT product development, including managing the R&D team, manufacturers, suppliers, and clinical associates
- Principal developer of a technique of frequency-domain volume rendering at Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
- Lead developer of a 3D ultrasound imaging system widely licensed around the world (VisualSonics, Toronto, Canada)
- Post-graduate researcher into the formatting and recognition of structured graphics, including music notation and electronic schematic diagrams
Sonomed Escalon Inc.: Developed the Master-Vu product line.
Evoke Neuroscience Inc: Developed BIAT neurofeedback software
University of the Fraser Valley: Technical contributor to BrainGamers Club, an experimental neurofeedback program for FASD-affected children
Capstone Metering Inc.: Developer of firmware and server-side software development of the IntelliH2O metering system
Cerebral Diagnostics Inc.: Contributor and advisor to advanced neurofeedback projects
Navigo Solutions Inc.: Developer of an Automatic Vehicle Location / Mobile Data Acquisition and Telemetry system (in-vehicle computer and firmware, wireless communications middle tier, and server/web software)
Biosign Technologies Inc.: Software and prototype developer related to acquisition and analysis of cardiac pulse signals for health monitoring.
Smith & Nephew Inc.: Developer of a 3D tracking system for use in computer aided orthopedic surgery (later released commercially as the Trigen Sureshot)
Tomography of the Eye. H. John Shammas MD, Shane Dunne, Yale L. Fisher MD. NovaCoast Pub. Co. 1998. ISBN 0-9684731-0-5.
Intraocular Lens Power Calculations. H. John Shammas MD. Slack Inc. 2004. ISBN 1-55642-652-6. I contributed the chapter on physical principles of A-scan ultrasound.